You know we love WordPress, so when WPTeach asked if we’d help them out with their workshop and host the event we couldn’t say no!
I’ve known Al Davis, Founder of WPTeach, for a few years now. When it comes to WordPress he has a wealth of knowledge and I couldn’t think of any one better to teach this course here in Montreal. Al is also an ex-organizer of WordCamp Toronto and a prolific WordCamp speaker. I’ve had the opportunity to work with him as both a WordCamp sponsor and speaker across Canada!
Ok, enough about us, let’s discuss this workshop.
We are proud to host the “Introduction to WordPress” workshop here at our space on Nov 30th.
- Introduction to domain names and hosting
- How to install WordPress
- Getting familiar with the dashboard
- Setting up your WordPress site
- Creating content
- The visual editor and publish page
- Difference between pages and posts and how to use them effectively
- Categories and tags
- Handling Media
- How to insert Images
- How to create basic photo galleries
- Embedding video
- Creating menus for your site
- Themes and Plugins
- Create a simple form
- Access to online video course ( $99 value)
- Access to a live hosting environment for 30 days after the course to practice with
- Access to a monthly webinar beginning Jan 2014 to get your WordPress questions answered.
Cost: $99.00 – this is an exceptional value for what you are getting! If you are new to WordPress or looking to beef up your skills you should definitely give this workshop a try.
To signup go to the WPTeach’s workshop Eventbrite page.
Hope to see you all there!
*Brendan & Brendan Inc. is not a partner of WpTeach and receives no monetary compensation for hosting and promoting this event. The event organizers take full responsibility for the learning outcomes and handle all ticket sales.